Ubuntu 12.04不会附带Windows Installer(Wubi)pre-added。但有没有办法使用Wubi安装12.04？
CD Boot Helper替换
以下是禁用它的理由，由Canonical的Rick Spencer在ubuntu-devel mailing list上发布：
This email regards wubi, a tool used to set up Ubuntu in a dual boot configuration in a manner that does not require disk partitioning. Wubi is a windows program. It is currently delivered as a standalone executable downloadable from the web, as well as part of official Ubuntu images. You can read about wubi in the excellent user guide: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
I am proposing a small but notable change to how we deliver wubi for 12.04. I am proposing that:
- We continue to test and bug fix wubi.exe as the separate Windows program
- We cotinue to offer wubi.exe for download as the separate Windows program.
- We disable the ability to do a wubi installation from the Ubuntu 12.04 ISOs. (wubi will remain on the images for the purpose of providing Windows users some feedback and functionality if they put a Ubuntu CD into a running Windows computer, but won’t offer to install).
Separating the wubi.exe experience from the ISOs will give us the following important benefits:
- We will be able to do maintenance and enhancements to wubi outside of the Ubuntu development cycle.
- Significant reduciton of QA work for an already over-streched QA team.
- Better overall 12.04 quality, and less stress at release time.
- We won’t get stuck with a poor (or worse) user experience on the CD since is a good chance that wubi will not work properly with Windows 8.
I am proposing these changes to the plan because:
- The key use case for wubi is being able to download and run the installer on Windows, not installing from the ISO.
- Wubi is difficult to test, so has been difficult to assure that it will meet the quality standards we have set for 12.04.
- There are no developers treating wubi as their top priorities. This combined with the QA difficulties has historically caused late breaking changes that add stress at release time and frequentily invalidate already executed ISO testing.
- Most significantly, Windows is changing it’s boot system with Windows 8, and it’s not clear how wubi will work with Windows 8, if at all.
Here is the bug report，用于记录禁用CD安装的请求。
注意：运行wubi.exe standalone将下载预安装的tar.xz映像。您仍然可以将Desktop CD ISO放在与wubi.exe相同的目录中，并安装它，而无需下载~500MB tar.xz图像。
是的，您可以使用WUBI安装Ubuntu 12.04，只需在此处下载WUBI.exe Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu，然后执行它，它将下载iso文件。
但是，如果你已经完成了下载iso文件，你可以使用它，只需使用DAEMON TOOL安装它，在这里下载DAEMON Tools Lite v4.48.1 (with SPTD 1.84)或任何地方，然后执行你下载的WUBI.exe。